👋 Hi, I'm Andrew M Westling, a software engineer in Brooklyn, NY.📄 Download as PDF 🖨 Print this page
Full-stack/front-end-focused feature development and infrastructure maintenance for Architizer’s platform to help architects find building products.
- Built large features, including a private messaging interface, and directory interfaces to Solr search indexes (AngularJS, SCSS, Django, Solr, Haystack)
- Established and maintained a UI component system to speed up feature development, and improve collaboration with designers (React, Next.js, Storybook, styled-components, SCSS)
- Managed and extended integrations with external tools for analytics, error logging, marketing, and customer support (Segment)
- Optimized frontend infrastructure to speed up deployment and improve test coverage (Node.js, CircleCI, AWS, Docker, gulp)
- Cleaned up infrastructure, pruned AWS resources to reduce costs, and refactored stale application code
- Onboarded new hires, participated in code reviews, and promoted collaborative engineering culture
Internship-to-hire. Consultancy/agency setting.
- Built marketing pages and full-stack features for web applications and client projects (Rails, AngularJS)
- Delivered three client projects during my employment
- Learned full-stack web development via test-driven development and daily pair programming
- Attained internship-to-hire with EyeCue Lab after Epicodus
Tier I technical support while completing my degree. Remote position.
- Provided technical phone support for macOS products, and customer service for Apple ID, fraud/billing, and account security
- Provided email customer service for iTunes Store purchase issues